CHALK about it. Let's get at it shall we?

CHALK about it.  Let's get at it shall we?
CHALK about it. Let's get at it, shall we? - (Copyright 2012 / Izzy Herriette & Co) - So, we have our chalk. Now all we need is the board to write on. For me, an entire wall of blackboard would do perfectly! You've seen those in homes, today. Right? Oh, yes! Urban style! Moves me! I'm sure I could do all of my walls like that and make plenty good use of every inch! I can almost inhale, even now with anticipation, the "invitation" to express myself - everywhere - no limitations in filling all those spaces! Just the thought! So this is our OPENING and we hope to share much here with you on this imaginary black surface. Bring your chalk, your board, and take a few notes as we... Oh, and BTW, see all the folks moving in the background here? I wonder if while they're traveling through their daily life, they'll hear us, or our message. If I were to stand, somehow above this crowd with a loud voice, and shout out what things we will write; would they even notice? If those same walls we described, were set up before them for the sole purpose of penning out a word or two to them, would they see it? Help me with that! Chalk it out here on the Izzy Herriette & Co - Blog!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Even when you feel like a Raggedy Ann!

Yes, Jesus still heals and He still directs our paths in ways that we wouldn't necessarily think He would...

Years ago, at a time of unimaginable "crisis and loss" for me, the LORD still used my life and I just couldn't make those pieces fit together at all, in my limited understanding of God.

I found myself, suddenly, out of a comfortable life, a castaway in the eyes of many and now thrown into a place of owning nothing, having no income and being all alone.  

For some strange reason (I was already in a walk with the "calling" of the LORD upon my life prior to this) at this very particular time when I really didn't know if I was going to make it or not, the LORD began to bring people to me; people who didn't know about Him.  Imagine that.

The little farm house that I landed in, with no furniture, not a stitch of anything, no vehicle, a bicycle to ride to work every day (five miles or more out of town with red birds diving at my head all along the way), began to fill up with people in much the same condition in life as myself at that time.

Even though I was 100% emotionally, mentally and physically depleted and my spiritual wholeness seemed like the last thing that may very well go too; I had a strong resolve in there somewhere because I was never willing to compromise my relationship with Him.

I lived there in that house, by faith.  A recording studio had been in the process of being built there in one of the small rooms and I was working daily, as much as I could handle to do so, to record the songs given me as the core of my calling.  

People that came (there were only a few to begin with) to stay at the farm, began bringing people home with them for visits.  There were bar bands from downtown and so much more.  Everyone wanted to see the studio and hear the music.  Believe it or not, they actually listened to the Christian songwriter, even though they were not confessing and most, not believing Christians.

Such ministry took place in that season of my life; unimaginable!  

I wanted to share this little experience of "healing" that took place one night, as we were all gathered in the kitchen, around the table, praying all together as was customary for us:

There was a young man, very troubled in mind and spirit, sitting at the table with a few others.  My now husband and I, were standing across the room from him, leaning on the kitchen counter - praying with everyone.  Suddenly, I saw an "angel" appear and walk over to Mark.  Mark had a knee that had been giving him such pain for quite some time.  I saw the angel kneel down, put his hand on Mark's knee and suddenly, Mark cried out with a loud voice, "Something just touched my knee!!  My knee!!  My knee!!  It's, it's healed!!" He got up from his chair and walked around in total shock. His knee had been, indeed, completely restored!

I didn't speak about the angel I'd seen at that moment, but later, my husband took me aside and told me he had seen an angel....  His story was identical to what I had seen as well. We did share with Mark, later, what we had seen and everyone was elated.

He has brought me through so much in my life, resurrected me I don't know how many times and even now on a daily basis it seems. I love Him SO for His priceless, matchless LOVE for me!  How many times over, He could have tossed me aside, as did even many of HIs own people but He has always chosen to my astonishment, to protect me, heal me, dress my wounds, restore, fan the flames when they were too low or too high and bring to me His abiding and powerful presence!

Needless to say, I have seen much into the "other side" from this side and I know where I'm going when all is said and done.  I know already that face, that voice, that tender and powerful, keeping LOVE of my Savior. He is my all in all and no one will ever take His place in my life or my heart!

He works today and everyday, just as scriptures tell us:

He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  Amen!


Chalkin' it out with you on this imaginary black space.

Izzy Herriette & Co

(Leave your comments.  Is our chalk writing too small for you to read?  Let us know about that and/or anything else you wish to share with us here.  Blessings!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment